Alone on Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s Day is among us. Scary words when you’re single. Everywhere you go there are red and pink heart displays. Chocolate and champagne offerings are abundantly brought to our attention to act as aphrodisiacs to tempt your romantic interests. But what if you don’t have that special someone to lavish hearts and flowers to. I used to host a dinner party for my single friends and family members and called it the “Lonely Hearts Club.” I looked forward to every year where I treated these special guests to a special Valentine’s Day evening with good friends and company. If you don’t have a Lonely Hearts Club I recommend doing some fun things for yourself to make this Valentine’s Day not so lonely. “Be My Valentine” recommendations for those alone on Valentine’s Day:
1. Pamper yourself. Rather than wait for someone else to give some loving attention to your body, mind and soul treat yourself to a nice hot sensual bath with lavender oils and scents. Make the mood right by lighting up allot of candles and playing spa music to relax by. Afterwards order a great meal and have it delivered. Enjoy eating your own box of chocolates or favorite dessert while watching a movie you’ve always wanted to see and never made the time to see.
2. Send yourself flowers. Flowers make you feel happy and add beauty to your environment. Sending flowers to yourself tells you that you love yourself and don’t have to wait for someone else to show you this kind of care.
3. Wear something Red or Pink and play Cupid around the office passing out candy and handing out Compliments.
4. Drink Champagne or Sparkling Cider in a champagne flute.
5. Do a nice thing for a couple who has children and babysit for them so they can go out and enjoy an evening together to celebrate Valentine’s Day. It’s good Karma and you might get an appreciation for the single life after a night with kids.
6. Celebrate your Independence. You won’t always be accountable for yourself when you have other people you will be responsible for. Enjoy this time when you can concentrate on yourself being able to sleep until whenever you want, eat whenever you please and decide whatever it is you want to do.
7. Ask a Friend out for a Platonic Date and split the meal check at a special restaurant. Check out all the couples around the restaurant and guess which ones will stay together based on their body language.
8. Lastly, indulge in a decadent dessert.…you deserve it!
Happy Valentine’s Day