Turn Offs For Men. There are certain things women do to push men away. Do you ever wonder why your first date didn’t turn into a second date? Or why your guy broke up with you when things looked like they were going just fine. Most women are clueless to answer those questions as they unknowingly play a role in the downhill spiral of their relationships. Men are simple beings and don’t require much in keeping them happy. If you allow them to exhibit some male chivalry and show appreciation and thankfulness in return they will treat you with respect and once they decide to make that commitment you will have the relationship that can grow into something meaningful. Some things that women do that are turn offs for men:
1. Try and change them.
2. Have sex with them on the first date.
3. Talk Talk Talk. Includes gossiping. Talking about reality TV shows to anything trivial to excess.
4. Show disloyalty. Cheating, exercising bad behavior towards males or females.
5. Not letting him be “the man.” Alpha females are great, but ladies, let the guy be the man most of the time.
6. Not say what they mean. Poor communication skills. Saying yes when you really mean no. Passive-Aggressive behavior shows immaturity and lack of effective communication skills.
7. Being too needy. Have a life of your own. Don’t expect to do everything together. Remember you are an Individual within the relationship. You’re more attractive to him that way.
8. Wear too much make-up or perfume.
9. Are “flaky.” When you commit to something follow through. Don’t keep changing your mind about things. Being fickle doesn’t work these days….you appear flaky and not attractive.
10. Play hard to get. Play games in general. Immature. Men want to be with women. Act like a child and you’ll probably end up with a parent for a boyfriend.
11. Drinks too much. No one, not even women want an “alc” for a partner. Drink in moderation so you don’t embarrass yourself or your partner.
12. And finally, Afraid or shy to eat in front of them. Shows a lack of self-confidence; or worse, acting coy which contrary to what women may think is not “cute!”
I can personally say I am guilty of 11 out the 12 tips shared. I’ve had my share of unexpected breakups and wondering “what the heck happened” moments. I’ve worked with Individuals and Couples in Relationship Counseling for the past 20 years to know what works and what doesn’t. Despite the fact that we are all different and unique in our own ways there are Do’s and Don’ts for both genders. The above are helpful tips for women to think about as they continue interacting with men.
For more information on what males and females like and don’t like please give me a call at (858) 735-1139.